A short distance from the market square is the church of Our Lady of the Rosary. The building occupies a large churchyard, has a simple facade, a nave with a barrel vault and the presbytery raised above the floor of the nave. The ceiling is painted with murals with stories of the Virgin while in the lunette on the counterfacade there is an image of St. Dominic.
The church, dedicated to the Virgin of the Rosary, is the result of a lot of architectural work done starting from the seventeenth century and continued more radically in the second half of the 18th century (1768-1803). Originally, the site was occupied by the parish church of St. Anastasia where there was a chapel where the cult of the Virgin of the Rosary gathered increasing strength. But since the building was "outside" the 16th century walls of the "villa of Fhiniscole'', it was decided to transfer the seat of the parish to the church of St. John, safer and more defensible against the Saracen raids and certainly more spacious and roomy for a growing population. In 1623, with a regular authorisation, St. John the Baptist became the patron of the building of which he is now the titular and the church dedicated to him became a parish.
From this moment, devotion for St. Anastasia and at the same time, for the Virgin of the Rosary, continued significantly. In the absence of specific archival sources, it is difficult to understand what remains of the ancient building dedicated to St. Anastasia in the present church. Continuous alterations, such as removing the slate floor, the marble balustrades and interventions in the façade (late Baroque style until the fifties), have led to the current aspect.
Outside there is evidence of a large space in which an ancient cemetery adjoining the church of St. Anastasia was located and which, over time, fell under uncivil degradation, as stated by a document of 1777. New hygiene regulations issued during the Napoleonic era brought here as well as elsewhere in Europe in the first half of the nineteenth century, the decision to transfer the cemetery in more distant and healthier places outside the town. Inside this church.